Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 4: Favorite TV Program

Oh, Television. I was that kid - loved to watch TV. Eight is Enough, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Love Boat (I always wanted to be Julie - the Cruise Director) are just a few of my favorites from those days. I was also that kid that believed, remembered and dreamed about whatever I saw. Very impressionable. For the good and the bad. If I saw a movie on babies being switched at birth I would make Mother tell me my birth story. If I saw a show about kidnapping, I would get so mad at Mother if she wondered away from me. Please note this still makes me mad today.

We never had TVs in our rooms as kids. It was rough. Kidding. I can remember Mother and Dad saying, "if we can't decide what to watch in the Family Room then we don't need to watch TV." Waugh. Waugh. Shocking I made it thus far.

I love to fall asleep to that box of noise and pictures. Naps or bedtime. I can remember anytime I stayed in a hotel, or a guestroom that had a TV - it was such a treat to fall asleep to the TV. Now, I'm addicted to such.

Favorite Morning Program: I welcome the Today Show each morning into my bedroom, and appreciate Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann's commentary as I prepare for the day. Sadly I gather most of my news from The Today Show and talking points for the day based on the stories I gather from my NBC mornings.



But, if I had to pick an evening favorite - the show that I hate to miss it would be ABC's Brothers & Sisters. I love Sunday nights at home that allow me to watch the drama of The Walker Family. I will admit I think they argue much, much more than anyone should. I am so in love with Nora's kitchen I often think of myself sitting at that island, drinking wine, and working to make their dinner gatherings less argumentative and more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are blogging again. You have been missed.
Melanie