Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 5: Favorite Quote

This is so hard. I love quotes. I'm always writing down a quote (last night I wrote down two), googling a quote from a movie, or saving something I read that touched my soul. I have oodles I could list that have stuck with me along the way. Here is my top 5...no order of preference.
  • "Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin. Picked this one up as I left Rise in Dallas. Rise is this amazing restaurant that gives you thoughts for the day when you leave. This quote really has me thinking giving up red wine for Lent is not orthodox.
  • "There is a choice you have to make, In everything you do. And you must always keep in mind the choice you make, makes you." Anonymous from 2007 Mary Englebright calendar. I use this quote ALL the time in my line of work. We are always telling students it is their choices that will map out their lives.
  • "Life goes on." My Dad...days before he died. I hated what he said then. Those words made me so angry...cause they are true. Life does go on - but not without pain, happiness, beauty, Jesus and precious friends.
  • "It is what it is." Whoever crafted these words - bless them. I used this line a billion times in 2010. I used this line so much - I'm retiring it from my lips.
  • "Always remember a place called HOPE." My Mother gave me a piece of art with these words in 1999. No author noted. This has hung in each of my OU offices always reminding me of what tomorrow brings...HOPE.

And three more from this past week...

  • "A crisis is a terrible thing to waste." Ken Komiske, Utilities Director, City of Norman
  • "With privilege comes responsibility." Cindy Rosenthal, Mayor, City of Norman
  • "There are no ordinary moments." Bartender at Abner's

I'll leave you with one I've said for years..."If I had owned a Chi straighter in High School, I'd be married by now."

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love your thought on the Chi. I, along with my group of DG girlfriends, love to look pre-Chi pics and cringe.

Elizabeth said...

You forgot our family favorite..."Life is not a dress rehearsal!"