Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Four years and a day ago...



...I closed on The Weymouth. I was 30 years young, single, and giddy that I was becoming a home owner. And, not just any home...but a beautiful one. I'd be lying to say I wasn't nervous, uneasy, and wondering what stories I would add to this dwelling's history.

See in my world homes are not simply structures. They carry a story of a family. Become part of our hearts and souls. Memory keepers on top of that.

And, although The Weymouth is not home to a traditional family, it is home to me and the many ways I define family.

My traditional family is quite stationary. Not in a couch potato way, but in a plant deep roots, live there forever (it seems) way. You know those neighbors that could tell the street history, known on the block, and watch the others come and go. That's us.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that I'm sitting here (in The Weymouth) 4 years and a day later. The four years have been good to me and that of my sweet investment. This past year has been a good, story filled memory packed one. With a cherry on top of a first home insurance claim. Bound to happen in hail country.

Since I've been MIA in the blog world, I think it's only right I tell you the stories of The Weymouth the past 5 months. To give you a taste of the coming post titles: (Is this what JK Rowling felt like writing the last chapter of the 7th book? I bet so.)

Change. History Making. Celebratory. Firsts. Surprises. Makeovers. Storms. Smiles.

(picture taken during Winter Storm 2011. This kind of temperature is a blurry, flurry memory compared to the current heat dome.)

8 comments:

Savannah said...

So glad to see your blog back in action! Miss you mucho and can't wait for the upcoming posts!

Alicia said...

I agree with Savannah! I was just looking at your blog the other day wishing you would start again :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You were missed!
Melanie

bella said...

I am happy to see a new post. Hope you blog more often.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the above!

Helen said...

Thank goodness you are back! HFW

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Glad you finally are back to blogging! And jump on over and see what I have been doing!! Miss seeing you!

Ponnee said...

Kathleen, I am so glad to see your new post. I have enjoyed reading about and seeing the pictures of your home and how you bless others through hospitality. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I want to tell you I am praying for someone to "hold your hand" during Mass, as you once wrote. I also hope
you blog more often. May God bless you and keep you, Ponnee Vickers